Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

I want to begin this post by thanking all of you who read this blog. In all honesty, this thing started as an assignment for school but it has become part of my lifestyle. I check it vigorously each day hoping that someone made a comment or suggested a restaurant to be reviewed. Your feedback and comments have really helped fuel this project!

This past thanksgiving weekend I visited my Aunts house for a wonderful turkey dinner. The food was excellent I have no complaints. The rest of the weekend I reunited with some old schoolmates. I hadn’t seen many of their faces for a long time. Reunited with them was fantastic, it was almost surreal how easily our conversations flowed. It was as if we had spent a week apart rather than 4 years. It was really incredible.

Although, I criticize some restaurants in the area while praising others my true objective is not to be a critic. In fact, I have always looked at critics as being overly pretentious and stuck up. My goal is to be a restaurateur. I love the excitement of the kitchen and the loudness on the floor. There is a kind of energy in restaurants that cannot be mimicked in other industries or businesses. Restaurants manage to stimulate all of the human senses in a beautiful (sometimes seductive) manor. Like art, restaurants can be classical, modern, refined or experimental. But, the thing that really gets me excited about restaurants are the smiles and positive reactions I see from people who have truly enjoyed themselves. This weekend I was reminded just how important people are. I think that friends and family should be the driving force behind most decisions. So this thanksgiving I am thankful for everyone I know and everyone that I have ever waited on or cooked for. Again, thank you.

I am not trying to be Anton Ego even if I may come off a little harsh at times:

3 comments:

  1. Be sure to check out Phil's Chicken House in Endicott and The Dugout in Apalachin. Both places have some of the best comfort food in the southern tier and are around 10 minutes away from BU.

    Phil's Chicken House has an all-you-can-eat buffet that is out of this world.

    The Dugout has some of the best wings I have ever eaten.

    I look forward to your takes on both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have actually been to Phil's Chicken House, I will try to do a post on the place soon.

    ReplyDelete


Go to top.

Home          Restaurants List          Requests